Ceramic coating involves the use of a product called Cerakote™ developed by NIC Industries™ after great research into firearms and their respective coatings. Cerakote provides excellent corrosion protection, outstanding abrasion resistance, extreme hardness, and unmatched durability. Each coating has a unique ultra slick feel, while providing sleek satin or matte finish.
These coatings surpass Teflon and most other coatings for wear resistance by well over 60%, according to testing by an independent laboratory. Coating hardness is approximately 9H and is 1 to 1.5 mil in thickness. One example of durability has been exposure to a 5% salt spray in excess of 1000 hours with no adverse affect.
The process we follow involves:
Firearms should be brought in completely disassembled.
• Remove rust, dents, scratches, and other imperfections as requested
• Media blast the surface and dust for maximum adhesion
• Mask, plug, or block surfaces to not be coated
• Apply appropriate number of coatings
• Oven cure or air cure as appropriate
• Polish if required